Tuesday, September 28, 2010

for mr. kent

I am not sure why Magic Mountain opened Spillikin Corners in 1978. They billed it as the only year long large scale crafts village in Southern California. It was kind of like the Sawdust Festival in Laguna Beach but smaller and full time.

But I loved it as a kid and basically ran around the entire park to get there. Once I got there, the only thing I remember doing was making some candles. But I kept those candles for years and never lit them.

1978 Magic Mountain brochure

1978 Magic Mountain map




for the record the information and pictures above was written and uploaded by another blogger

the link can be found here

http://mistertoast.blogspot.com/2006/09/spillikin-corners.html


thanks - mistertoast

1 comment:

  1. might any of those candles resemble the "spindlin tree" ?

    ReplyDelete