Monday, November 29, 2010
Sunday, November 28, 2010
Saturday, November 27, 2010
Wednesday, November 24, 2010
Tuesday, November 23, 2010
Sunday, November 21, 2010
Saturday, November 20, 2010
Thursday, November 18, 2010
By following this step by step guide on how to do a cartwheel for kids and adults, you can soon master this move. It is not a very dangerous move and most people can easily carry it out. One does not require some high level of physical fitness or any advanced equipment, in order to do a cartwheel.
- The first thing to remember is that there should be enough space when you are doing a cartwheel. You need to take a slight run up and land in a clear area, or you may end up slamming your body against some object which could potentially hurt you. Or you could even end up breaking something. Either way, ensure that there is adequate space and room when you are attempting to do a cartwheel. Another pointer for you is to attempt to do the cartwheel on a soft grassy area, or on a floor with a rug. The landing can be harsh sometimes, and landing on a soft surface will reduce the possibility of injury.
- The instructions, here, are for carrying out a front to back cartwheel which is the toughest one. The other variant, the side to side cartwheel, is comparatively much simpler to do. You need to raise your arms straight up in the air, and make them touch your ears. You will be taking the support of your arms and your upper body strength, so make sure that they are stretched out absolutely straight. Failure to do so could cause you to crumble when your weight is held up by your arms. For someone setting out to learn how to do a cartwheel, it is important to build upper body strength, and also the muscles in the arm. You cannot learn how to do a cartwheel without hands that are able to support your body weight.
- Point your left foot towards the front and place it slightly forward now. This front foot will always point in the direction which you mean to go. Some people find it convenient to point the other foot in an outwardly direction, in order to get better balance while performing the cartwheel. Do not forget to keep an eye on where you are going to place your hands. Noting the exact spot, right before your feet leave the ground is advisable. Many people fail to do this, when learning how to do cartwheels and end up losing their balance.
- Now start bending over and place your left hand on the ground first. The right hand will soon follow the left hand to the ground, and you must simultaneously lift up your right leg from the ground as well. As soon as the right hand reaches the ground you must kick out strongly with the right leg, so that your left leg also rises in the air. You will now be in a vertical position and you must tighten your back and keep your balance. Since, you are practically doing a headstand and balancing on your arms, having strong arms will definitely help.
- You will now land on the ground due to the momentum, and your right leg, which was in the back of your body when you started, will now come in the front front of it. The left leg will soon follow through and you should be in the same position that you started out in. Maintaining your balance and composure through the process is something that you will learn over a period of time.
By Rahul Thadani